Instagram Hashtags

 Hey y’all! This post is one that I feel is super important for me to write. Using hashtags has proven to help Instagram accounts be more successful! I have personally found a lot of success using them, but only once I tailored them more to my specific content. That’s what prompted me to create this post of 80+ Instagram Hashtags for All Blogging Niches.


You have to keep in mind that the majority of Instagram users use them to try and gain recognition from brands as well as from other users by using them! Tailoring your hashtags to your own content is a surefire way to pull in new and/or unique visitors to your Instagram account. It’s also a great way for more people to get exposed to your content!


Where Should You Use Hashtags?

I recently saw a post discussing whether it’s better to use hashtags in your main caption comment OR to use them in a separate comment directly beneath. This was a really great thing I noticed because I hadn’t explicitly thought whether one could trump the other. I can’t seem to find the article for the life of me, but the verdict was as follows:


  • Hashtags in caption = more IG profile views (and potentially followers)
  • Hashtags in comment section = more comments/engagement with your post

My advice? DO BOTH. There’s no rule anywhere saying that you can’t use them in both your caption as well as have a separate comment section beneath! I have been doing this lately and it’s brought me a good amount of success! It’s something that is simple and easy to do. In order to make sure I use the same ones for all my posts (at least the ones that describe me always), I keep a “Note” on my phone with them all!

How to decide what hashtags to use

For all of these different niches (fashion, beauty, mommy bloggers, foodies, etc.), the main rule is to start big and get smaller. Now, you’re probably confused about what that means, so let me explain. What that means is add in a few hashtags with a lot of tagged posts and then slowly get down to the more specific ones. I’ll show you my tried and true set below so you get what I mean:


#fashion #fashionblogger #fashioninstagram #bloggerlifestyle #bloggerbabe #bloggersofinstagram #bloggersgetsocial #bloggerandbizbabes #bossgirlbloggers #collegeblogger #sequinsandsales #collegefashion #collegestyle #atlantablogger #atlantafashion #georgiablogger  #curlyhair #blackgirlswhoblog #ootdfash #theeverygirl

So I start with the ones that have a bunch of tagged posts like #fashion (528,652,316 tags) &  #fashionblogger (67,481,218 tags) and then I start to focus it down! For example, #bloggersgetsocial only has 301,090 tags. It’s a smaller amount and it’s likely your post will pop up more often and that more people will see it!


I then suggest going even MORE niche specific and adding whatever city you’re from (so for me I do #atlantablogger (222,677 tags) and #georgiablogger (15,783 tags). Since my niche is fashion, I also will hashtag what brands I’m wearing in each photo! So I’ll also do #loft and #loveloft (I’m usually wearing some type of LOFT item since I used to work there and still shop there all the time) and maybe #target and #targetstyle for my shoes/accessories (most of my shoes/accessories are from Target).


As I stated above, I keep these all in a note on my phone and then whenever I make a new post I copy and paste them in the comment section. That way I don’t have to type them all every time! It’s also best to MIX THEM UP. I usually try to do hashtags as specifically as possible and save some that remain the same over time (like my location).

You can see I added #happypride and #pride2018 because it was a massive event that I, and thousands of other people in New York (and around the country) attended. I then added all of my usual hashtags in the first comment section! That’s a great tip and one you should make sure to follow. If you go to a huge event, be sure to use the hashtag for it! It’s even a great idea to tag smaller events and locations too because you never know who is traveling there.

Some good hashtags for each niche

Blogging:

For blogging hashtags, make sure you do the big blogging hashtags that everyone posts to and then get more specific. For me, since I am a black blogger, I always make sure to use that hashtag. There are a lot of hashtags for other bloggers of color too so be sure to check them out! Examples:


#bloggerstyle #bloggerlife #bloggers #bloggerlifestyle #bloggerbabe #bloggersofinstagram #bloggersgetsocial #bloggerandbizbabes #fashionblogger #bloggergirl #bloggerfashion #bloggerlove #bloggervibes #travelblogger #bossgirlbloggers #atlantablogger #houstonblogger #orlandoblogger 


Fashion:

For fashion, always make sure to tag the brand(s) you’re wearing! I have been re-posted by LOFT, DSW, J.Crew, Target, etc. all because I’ve tagged them! Most companies have specific tags listed on their websites that they use to find influencer posts and re-post them. Examples:


#fashionblogger #fashion #fashionshoes #fashionista #fashiontrends #fashiongram #fashionblog #fashionaddict #fashiongirl #fashionpost #ootdfash #fashioninspo #fashionoftheday # #fashioninstagram #lookoftheday #ootd #outfitoftheday #wiw #whatiwore #loft #loveloft #asos #asseenonme #forever21


Beauty:

For beauty, do the same as you did for fashion! Make sure to mention the brands you use. Also be sure to add hashtags based off of the items or techniques you’re using. this will automatically attract people to your page. Examples:



SHE Media

#beauty #beautycare #beautygirl #beautytips #beautyhacks #beautyblender #beautymakeup #beautyguru #beautyproduct #beautyreview #beautyvlogger #beautytip #beautyroutine #beautytrends #beautyblogger #beautylove #makeup #makeuplover #MUA #makeupartist #almay #anastasiabeverly #makeuppalette


Lifestyle:

Lifestyle is a little different. Basically this can be whatever you want it to be! If you’re going out to eat, tag the kind of food or the restaurant. Trying a new cleaning product? Make sure to tag it! Examples:


#lifestlyle #lifestyleblogs #lifestyleblogger #bloggerlifestyle #lifestyledesign #homedecor #roominspo #lifestyleguide #lifestyleinspo #lifestyleblog #lifestylephotographer #lifestyleclothing #lifestylebrand #lifestyleshop #lifestyleinfluencer #lifestylefitness #adayinthelife #swiffer #dust #cleaningday #howiclean


Food:

With food, I think the biggest tip here is to make sure and tag the type of food you’re eating AND the place you’re eating too! When I went to LA (read my 1 Day in LA Itinerary here) to accept my Fashion InfluenceHer of the Year award at HerConference (read a recap here), I went to this AMAZING Hispanic food place. If I had shared it on Instagram, these are the hashtags I would have used. Examples:


#tacos #taco #hispanicfood #mexicanfood #tacoteusday #tacosarelife #tacotaco #tacolife #tacotime #tacolove #tacola #losangeles #blueplatetaco #losangelesfood #losangeles_city #losangeleslife #losangelesworld #losangelescity #travel #travelandfood


Self-Care:

For anything relating to self-care or motivation, I would suggest trying to go more niche! I’d only use a few larger ones and then using a majority of smaller hashtags in order to gain the interest of smaller groups. Examples:


#selfcare #selfcaretips #selfcarethreads #selfcareday #selfcarematters #selfcareroutine #selfcarepage #selfcarefirst #selfcaredaily #selfcarehacks #selfcarelove #selfcaresundays #selfcareeveryday #selfcareideas #selfcaretime #selfcaregoals #selfcareadvice #selfcareblogger #selfcare101





Comments

Popular Posts